We are now accepting applications for the Leadbetter Apprentice Program, a unique training program to take place at LGA world headquarters in ChampionsGate, Florida assisting and shadowing some of the world’s best instructors… including David Leadbetter himself!
The Leadbetter Golf Academies have been operational for 30 years, with 35 LGA locations now dotting the globe and a network of more than 100 Leadbetter Instructors to fill them, each of whom have completed extensive training and certification programs from Golfzon Leadbetter University much like this one.
Join the ranks of the Leadbetter Instructors and take your instruction to the next level by working with juniors, adults, weekend golfers and professionals alongside David and his team of coaches at LGA ChampionsGate.
A NOTE FROM DAVID
I have always embraced a holistic, team-based approach to golf instruction, and have had the fortune to to befriend some of the greatest minds in the world of golf over the years. I am pleased to be able to pass on that knowledge and those connections to the next generation of golf coaches with the launch of this Apprentice Program.
Founder, Master Instructor
- Earn your Leadbetter Instructor certification and gain access to all Golfzon Leadbetter University content available on our private community platform
- Gain more than 1,500 hours of coaching experience at one of the world’s premier golf academies, LGA ChampionsGate
- Students will follow a 6-day work schedule for the duration of the program, which includes time allotted for classroom activities and study
- Program includes approximately 10 hours per week of paid work at LGA ChampionsGate
- Assist and shadow David Leadbetter and his team of Instructors and performance staff
- Weekly education and mentorship sessions with the Leadbetter education team
- Gain customer service and golf operations training and experience at LGA ChampionsGate
- Structured weekly schedule provides the maximum number of learning opportunities
- Leadbetter uniform included in tuition for the program
Our most holistic and in-depth training program, the Leadbetter Apprentice Program includes content from the Instructor, Associate, Technical, Physical, Mental and Leadbetter Kids Certifications from Golfzon Leadbetter University.
Comprised of online learning modules designed to teach industry pros how to increase player performance through a deep understanding of the various teaching disciplines, each GLU Certification includes lifetime access to multiple online courses and exclusive groups for students to learn and collaborate with other like-minded coaches undergoing the same training.
Upon completion of coursework, all Apprentices will receive a certificate of completion from Golfzon Leadbetter University to display on their resumes, a dedicated Instructor page on leadbetter.com, and a Leadbetter Instructor badge for display on personal websites, social media, email and more.
With just 3x Apprentice positions available in the inaugural cohort, the program is guaranteed to fill up quick. Applications will be accepted until July 15, 2021, but don’t wait! Interested participants should submit their applications as soon as possible for the best chance at acceptance.
- Period term: August 15, 2021 – December 15, 2021
- Start date: Online training begins August 1, 2021
- Spaces available: 3x Leadbetter Apprentice positions available
- Cost: $7,500 USD
- Applicants could be:
- Tour players or high-level amateurs
- Current golf coaches
- University graduates with a passion for golf
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
- Applications due by: July 15, 2021
Interested participants should submit their applications to Stuart Clayton, Head of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.