Jean Jacques Rivet, a former competitive athlete, and engineer, is a world-renowned trailblazer in biomechanics applied to sport. Based on scientific methods and with over twenty years of experience, J.J. has been a proven force on the PGA Tour and other major sporting circuits worldwide, including windsurfing, motor racing, motorcycle and rugby. Rivet is currently based at The Biomecaswing Sports Performance Center in Terre Blache Resort in beautiful Côte d’Azur, France, home of the European Tour Performance Institute, where Rivet works with coaches and his staff to define programming to help elite players maximize their efficiency. Rivet has been an integral part of the success of the Leadbetter Academies since 1995.
- Head of Performance and Biomechanics department of the European Tour Performance Institute in Terre Blache, France
- Has worked a biomechanist for French National Golf teams last 7 years
- Leads the Under Armour innovation department for Europe, contributing to the highly innovative clothing brand, including footwear and the recent launch of the UA Spieth 3 golf shoe.
- In years past, J.J. Rivet has also collaborated with the likes of Taylormade and SIDAS
- Author of Leadbetter Golf University “Applied Biomechanics- Foundation” Course
- Trained a collection of Tour professionals including Justin Rose, Rafael Cabrera Bello, Matteo Manassero, Sean Cocker, Ian Poulter, Oliver Wilson, and more
- Founder of Biomecaswing concept
- 2, Associate Researcher Institute of Sciences of the Movement E.J. Marey (University of the Mediterranean-Marseille) teaches applied biomechanics as part of the Master of Sports Engineering’s framework.
Rivet has created two innovative concepts: biomecaswing and biomecasport. Both concepts combine applied biomechanics with the understanding of sport gesture, and the latest advancements in sports technology and engineering. Biomecaswing is a concept that J.J. Rivet created specifically for golf and was the first-ever biomechanical screening seen in the golf industry.
Biomecaswing was created in 1995 while working in the U.S. with a big team of European players and David Leadbetter. Leadbetter encouraged J.J. to design a process to enable coaches to understand how the body works, each one different than the next. Together, JJ and David transformed Biomechanics into a system that could be applied to golfers and not just biomechanical theory. After David found success in Rivet’s young process, Rivet began developing and conceptualizing something new that would become available for everyone. This later became known as Biomecaswing and the core of the European Tour Performance Institute that JJ Rivet co-founded.
Ever since then, JJ has worked the majority of his career helping golfers to transform into a better version of themselves with a new and improved golf swing. The core of the instruction that students receive from JJ Rivet focuses on the following:
Full Biomecaswing body screening – This allows you to understand the individuality of how your body moves and what swing fits you.
Forceplate Analysis – A trade market of Rivet is teaching players how to create the most efficient swing through the correct use of the ground.
Foot analysis – Rivet is arguably the leading expert in foot mechanics; he will analyze your foot and movement and build you a set of custom Sidas insoles to improve the efficiency of your swing and posture for everyday life. (Included in Retreat) (Additional cost for private sessions)
Scan Kinetic & Kinematic – An industry leading analysis combining AI videos, club and ball data, combined with kinetics with force plate analysis. Students will see an immediate improvement in club head speed and shot disbursement.
Individualized drills and exercise – Prescribed drills and exercises to continue improvement at home